- CLS is responsible for determining the client’s indigency.
- Once JDF 203, the Certification of Determination of Indigency, is filed, no court order is required to establish the client’s indigency
- A copy of JDF 203 is available as the last page at this link, or
- JDF 203 is located here:
- Click on the ‘Forms’ tab
- Click on Filing Fees
- Scroll to JDF 203
- JDF 203 will allow the client to file without paying a filing fee, and will allow for the waiver of e-filing costs
- Chief Justice Directive (CJD) 98-01 at this link sets out the policy and procedures for determining indigency
- Section 2 of the CJD discusses the process for evaluating indigency by a program funded by the Legal Services Corporation (such as Colorado Legal Services) and provides for the filing of JDF 203 as executed by CLS. A copy of JDF 203 is available as the last page at this link
- Other court costs may also be waived (review the Court Indigency Rules document)
Let us know how we are doing by completing our very short user survey.